Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blogging....and Plants

     So...my first blog.  Where do I even start?  My minds been going all afternoon - what will I blog about?  Am I actually going to stick with this or is it just going to be a fad I leave behind?  I still don't know.  Sat here for awhile messin on facebook tryin to come up with something intriguing to write about for my first post.  I didn't get anywhere.  lol.  But I am really excited that I got on the ball and at least made a blog.  It should be interesting.  I'm sure I'll blog about some pretty random stuff - sometimes profound (I hope), sometimes silly, but always me!  I think I'm most excited about the chance to talk about the simple joys in everyday life - like the laugh of a little girl as she tells me I copied her cereal (Oh Ava...), or when I truly noticed the beauty of spring, the new growth, the colors...


     Speaking of noticing spring - I think I have Justin to blame for that.  He loves plants so much.  I love to watch him talk about the shrubs and trees we pass as we take our walks...he just lights up!  I've learned more about trees and shrubs and flowers and other plants in the past 9 months (!!!) then I ever even thought possible.  All that to say....now I catch myself admiring a plant or two here and there when I normally would have never noticed thanks to that wonderful boy of mine.  God has given us such beauty, such splendor...and I think we miss it too often.  His creation is right in front of us every single day!  So if you think about it, take the time to stop and admire, breath in His beauty - it's most definitely a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment