Monday, August 22, 2011

Jesus is a Friend of Mine

Very glad I decided to wait and blog until tonight!  The past two challenges are very related...

Day 4 - Today I will consider what it means that You are my friend.
Day 5 - Today I will focus on being Your friend.

The most important thing I think I realized in the past two days is that God isn't just a friend, He's the perfect friend.  He won't leave your side when things get tough.  He will forgive you for anything you do wrong and love you just the same as He did before.  He will be there to remind you of how you need to improve but love you through all of your imperfections.  He can't mess up!

I ran into a bit of a mess yesterday - a great big brick wall of hurt.  For a moment I wanted to ask God why He was letting this happen, why He wasn't stopping it all, why He wasn't there?  And then I remembered what my challenge was for the day - What does it mean that He is my friend?  It means that He is there! He is right by my side, holding my hand, offering His shoulder for my tears.  And He won't ever, ever  leave me!    I can't blame Him for my problems anymore...He is the one who helps me through it all!  My problems would be my destruction if it were not for Him.

So what does it mean for me to be His friend?  It means never leaving His side.  So what does that look like? I can't hang Christ up like a coat when I walk into a room (whether it be work, the mall, or class), I can't throw Him in the trunk while I'm driving.  It means spending time with Him consistently...and being honest with Him (*ouch* that can be a tough one sometimes).  It means actually talking to Him every day and listening to what He has to say...  Friendship isn't easy, but it is so, so worth it!  His friendship is immeasurable, unfathomable, irreplaceable...

So in closing, I proudly say that yes, Jesus is a Friend of Mine.  : )  hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment