Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Passenger's Seat Anyone?

Day 13 - Today I will, by your grace, be aware of when I'm tempted to take the easy way out or to take a situation into my own hands and, by doing either, turn away from you.

Fortunately, unlike many days in my life, today was not a very tempting day.  I'm almost 100% sure I was never tempted to take the easy way out or take a situation into my own hands.  But I did have a few moments to reflect on times when I have taken the easy way out and when I have tried to take a situation into my own hands.  It never turns out very pretty.  Sheila Walsh puts it best, "...when we take things into our own hands, we lose the opportunity to allow God to work on our behalf for the greater good" (40).  Why do we try to do things on our own when God will take care of things for us?!?!  Um...me?  God?  No contest!  He can do such a better job than I can.  If I had just let Him handle the situation in which I took over or when I decided to take the easy way out things would be much different.  At most I would have a completely different life or at the very least I would have learned a good lesson or two.  But in the end I have learned a lesson today after all...stop taking the easy way out and stop trying to take control!  God can handle my life much better than I can...I am so very ready to take the passenger's seat for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment