Monday, August 29, 2011

The Land of 1,000 Mistakes

Day 10 - Brief pause here to celebrate 10 days!!  I'm so excited about this mile marker.  No, I haven't blogged everyday but I have done my devotions everyday...and, if I can say so myself, that is a bit more important.  And even so, I have been much more consistent in my blog...I think I've already doubled my entries. lol.

So...back to the challenges

Day 10  - Today I will ask you to show me an opportunity to be a good Samaritan!

This was actually Saturday's challenge but I ended up home sick with a stomach ache and eventual severe headache.  Ugh.  Seeing that the couch didn't really need a Samaritan, there wasn't an opportunity that really presented itself...  So Sunday it was.  And Sunday picked up Saturday's neglected chores.  AKA - grocery shopping.  My opportunity to be a good Samaritan was nothing major.  While we were at checkout I simply let the woman in line behind us go ahead of us.  It added a few minutes of time to our day but nothing major.  I do hope that what I learned this weekend was to keep a better eye out.  I tend to miss simple opportunities to help someone else out because I'm too preoccupied in the business of my own life.  The truth of the matter is that we should never be too busy, or tired, for God's work...simply doing the right thing when the opportunity presents itself.  I'm going to be watching for those opportunities...like a hawk!

Day 11 - Today I will choose to trust You rather than fear the very real things there are to fear in this fallen world.

Rejection is real.  And I fear rejection like my brother fears an empty refrigerator.  When I read that statement this morning I didn't think I had any "real" fears.  I thought all of my fears were either conquered or unrealistic.  But throughout the day I really thought about it.  Rejection could come from many places - work, friends, families, etc.  But I can trust God to get me through that rejection.  He can give me the strength that I need to face that rejection head on.  While I was facing this fear head on today, admitting that it was there, God reminded me of the last few days of challenges.  Who am I in Christ?!?!  What does it matter if my friends reject me?  Or if someone at work rejects me?  Christ will never reject me!  Never!  And in Him I am a princess, I am relentlessly loved, I am "the apple of His eye" (Psalm 17:8).  Nothing can change that - not a bad hair day, not a forgotten phone call, not 1,000 mistakes.  He will always be there...just like my shadow (even when I can't see it, that shadow is still there!).

No comments:

Post a Comment