Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All at Once Heads are Spinning...

Day 16 - Today I will meditate on your amazing, infinite, and unconditional love for me.


So the whole meditation thing didn't happen.  With only so many hours in the day and so many things to do I, unfortunately, tend to put meditation and quiet time on the back burner.  This is where the honesty things gets a little tough.  My priorities aren't always where they need to be.  As much as I want to and as much as I need to, time spent listening to God doesn't usually make the priority list.  I find it easy to make time during the day to read my devotional and the Bible at least once a day, if not twice...but it is VERY hard for me to just listen or meditate.  I can't sit still for more than 2 seconds (ask Justin, he says it is my most annoying habit).


However, I did spend some time in thought today among all of my business.  God loves me!  No matter what I've done, no matter what I do - He still loves me!  That love never wanes, never falters.  Through all of my ups and downs, my good days and my bad, He loves me relentlessly!  I know I relate a lot of things to songs but music has such a passion.  It brings real emotion to the surface.  Music is all throughout the Bible...it is beautiful, powerful, and speaks to so many people in so many different ways.  Anywho...two songs come to mind.  First, "You Love Me Anyway" by the Sidewalk Prophets.  The chorus speaks of how we mess up but God loves us anyway - "But you love me anyway/ It's like nothing in life that I've ever known."  The full song can be found here.  Second - "Hurricane" by Samestate.  I just recently started hearing this on the radio and I absolutely love it!  God's love doesn't make any sense!  We haven't done a single thing to deserve it!  And the crazy thing - love still came!  Every time I hear this song I'm lost in awe at how wonderfully amazing God really is.  The lyrics to "Hurricane" can be found here and the song can be found here.


I hope for the few people that actually read this you take some time to ponder the awesome relentless love of Christ.  You may not deserve it, none of us do, but He loves you anyway!  Nothing you can do will ever, ever, EVER change that!  Isn't it wonderful??  I can't quit smiling if I truly focus on that fact!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment