Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I will...

Day 15 - Today I will choose to be open with a trusted fellow believer about one of my failures or weaknesses and let God minister to me through that person.

I knew this morning when I read this that I wasn't going to see very many people that this would include.  Yeah, my boss and one of the girls at work...but today was pretty crazy...no time for serious conversation (which is pretty usual).  I thought about calling my mom or dad but phone conversations of that matter aren't as easy as talking to someone in person.  The obvious choice, even from the beginning, is my wonderful hubby.  But the fact of the matter is that my failure, my weakness, like I've mentioned before, is my lack of forgiveness.  And Justin doesn't exactly enjoy talking about that situation.

But I did mention it.  Before we started another episode of Bones on Netlfix, I mentioned that I needed to blog but that I hadn't done what I was supposed to which was talk to someone.  And then I continued to talk to him.  He didn't get upset or irritated at all.  You see, he also tends to struggle with the same thing.  He reminded me that we are supposed to support each other in our weaknesses.  God gave us each other for that purpose.  So not only does God have my back, Justin does too!  I can do this!  And as Justin reminded me, it is a process.  I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and completely forgive everyone for everything they've done...but if I continue to make a conscious choice, it will eventually become a habit, a truth.  I will forgive.

Sidenote - I am so very thankful for a husband who has been with me through some pretty hard times already.  Though he may get frustrated at moments, he has my back.  He would go to the end of the earth for me!  Every time I hear the song God Gave Me You, I get that giddy, girly grin.  I moved 1200 miles away and somehow God still gave me a wonderful, amazing man from home.  He knew just what I needed...even when I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment